DC 9/23/16

I’ve been on lynda.com everyday since we’ve gotten accounts. I like that it has so many thing to explore and learn on there. I like that you can listen and watch the videos or you can read what is being said in each video also. I liked watching the videos we watched this week because it had a lot to do with the colors and helped a lot on my color-wheel project. The first one was the color and design and art and the whole first 20 minutes is all about the color-wheel and i liked that. The universal principles playlist was interesting but i liked the one about the color-wheel more than this one. At first i was going to do my color-wheel as a star because im not good with coming up with artistic ideas but it was not original so i had to come up with something different. I’d been thinking and then as i was walking down the store i heard somebody say something about a ferris wheel. So i came into class and looked it up online and decided to make my color wheel out of a ferris wheel. I worked on illustrator and made my whole color wheel ferris wheel out of shapes and lines and colors. I’, actually very proud at how well it came out looking. I got bored the other day trying to figure out what to do that i just started playing around with illustrator and i ended up putting just a bunch of star shapes put together on the screen and colored them. At least thats another thing to add to my illustrator folder. Anyways i finished the ferris wheel and i really like it so im happy. I read the article “A Kids Guide to Graphic Design” I like that it says Every building and everything we touch in the world is design. It has even more articles in this for us to click on and learn even more about design. It shows some things a guy named Chip Kidd has designed and wrote a book all about design.

DC 9/16/16

I don’t work in illustrator a lot because the first time we worked on all the tutorials i did so bad and had to start over like a million times but i’ve tried photoshop and i don’t find that much easier. I’m really not good with any of the design type stuff. I mean i really like photography and kinda am interested in typography but im not artistic so im not sure how that would work out if i even tried it. I hope once we start working more with the programs like having more actual work to get done in there ill get better at using and doing all those things. I finished my state fair piece wednesday i think. At first i was going to use a photo i took with my phone because i didn’t like any i had taken on the camera at the beach when we had that huge storm because of the hurricane but it was way to pixelated so i brought the camera in and downloaded the pictures on to the computer and i actually ended up liking about 3 of them so i cropped it in the middle and i decided to use one of them. I’ve never been artistic like i’ve said so many many times but for this being my first photo im very proud that it turned out the way it did. I was scared that i wouldn’t even be able to find anything good enough to put into a state wide art show but this is okay and im happy about it. We worked on that line project where we had to separate our papers into 4 squares and draw different lines and things to fill up the paper and i thought it was going to look so bad but it actually looked okay and unlike usual i could actually come up with things to draw on my paper. I didn’t know about our next project or that it was something to do with the color wheel but im sure it’ll be fun and everything. I took a math test today and feel like i did kinda okay but at the same time i don’t know because its still really confusing . Anyways thats my week.

DC 9/9/16

I tried out illustrator and had a lot of difficulty with it. I tried out a bunch of the different tutorials and only came up with one that i could actually finish and had it come out looking the way it was supposed too. I’m not all that big a fan of illustrator but as time goes on and i get more use to working with it, i’m sure i’ll start liking it more. I’ve never ever been any type of artistic. I mean most of the time i can’t even get my stick figures to come out looking normal. So when  i heard we had this line project to do i was like oh my gosh. I took my paper and stared at it for a while but eventually i got some ideas. I already finished two of my boxes. I’ve been looking online and found some step by step drawing things. I’m actually very very proud of what i have already gotten done because like i said i’m not artistic and i’ve never done anything like this. I really like flowers but i don’t really know how to draw them so i found tutorials on all kinds of different ones and i’m working on filling up a whole box of the different ones. I’m not participating in the yearbook cover contest because i’m not good with things like that but i am doing the state fair art show. I’ve narrowed it down to a picture that i really really like but i have a few different effects on it so i’m not sure which one i want to use out of them. I’m getting them printed out on actual paper this weekend so i can see what they look like off a phone and computer. My favorite genre of music is mostly country. I grew up listening to country music and not to mention the fact that i’m from a small country town called Chester SC. I usually only listen to music in the car on the way to school and back or whenever i go somewhere but i occasionally listen to it when im in the shower or getting ready. I listen to music because its calming and i just like it. This is my picture from illustrator vector-halftone-effects

DC 9/6/16

Last week we worked in illustrator. We had a bunch of different tutorials to go through and try out. I started out with a carrot and a tree. I did okay on them but they ended up not saving so i had to start over and decided to try something else. Well i ended up trying like over 7 more things and everything i tried i couldn’t get to look like it did in the picture. The second thing i tried was a vector halftone effect but it wasn’t turning out right so i decided to delete it and look for something else. I tried a few other things that were to hard and so eventually i ended up coming back to the vector halftone effect and then it actually turned out right so i am actually proud that i finished that. I added my name onto it and then the year that i graduate to make it look a little better. I finished that on thursday so i started thinking about what im going to enter into the state fair art show. I’m not very artistic so i couldn’t really think of much but then friday when it rained really bad, my whole family went out onto the garden city pier once it died down some to watch the waves and i took some pictures on my phone of the ocean and then got the camera i checked out from here and took a bunch of pictures of the waves and below the pier. I ended up having maybe 3 that i liked. Im going to upload them on the computer and see how they look on here and what i need to do to make them look better. I edited 2 of them but im still not sure if they are even good enough to enter in yet. Ill probably try taking more pictures and different places and see if i can get some better stuff. So thats my week and about what i did, and also about my thoughts on my art work for the art show in a few weeks.

DC 8/26/16

Just the other day we made the avatars which im going to upload at the end but im going to reflect on that and the projects we just did yesterday. I picked for my avatars eyes to be sort of a blueish, grayish because i wear contacts that make my eyes look that color. I put her a little tanner than the other colors because i live by the beach and go on the beach a lot so im not all that pale. I put her hair sorta curly because mine is curly and that was the closest option to what my real hair looks like. Its also got a light brown color with a little blond like my own. I like wearing comfortable hoodies and not being cold and i also like the color blue so i put a hoodie on her and and had the color stay blue. So thats all about my avatar that i’ve had to make over 3 different times. Everybody shared their presentations yesterday. Im not very artistic at all so when i was doing mine i didn’t really think to change the colors or backgrounds or even fonts really. I watched everybody go and then really wanted to change mine because everybody’s was so creative and colorful and compared to mine it was so dull, but i just went ahead and got it over with. Next time ill definitely try a lot harder to make it more creative. I learned a lot more about the types of photography by the presentation though. I think the types i’d like to do the most is the portraits, landscape, wildlife, and the ocean. I still can’t choose between those 4 yet. I’ve never really done Pinterest other than having it on my phone just to look at sometimes but i really liked making the boards and pins. I did things like ocean photograph, and nail art and i saw a lot i liked. The pictures of the ocean was probably my favorite because its so pretty to look at. I’ll definitely start using interest on my own more.

1 3 4 5